So you’ve decided to become a blogger?
Welcome, I still consider myself pretty new to blogging. Everyday is a new adventure , and with so much information out there, you can always advance your knowledge. I have so many craft ideas, life experiences, and love social media so I wanted to share my thoughts. When I decided to start blogging, I was mind blown. I read blog after blog trying to find advice on how to get started. Most blogs have hundreds of things to try, well I didn’t understand the lingo and was lost.
I am going to tell you how I got started blogging, as simple as possible. Please remember that I am learning everyday. If you are trying to make money at blogging then you should love advice and feedback.
To Get Started
- Starting off you need to decide what it is you want to blog about. Do you want to blog about your life, kids, sports, news, hobbies, ect? I recommend blogging about your favorite activity or passion. For Example, my passion is parenthood. If you blog about something you enjoy then you should never run out of things to talk about. Your passion also shines through in your writing.
- I set up my blog account at Blogger. After 2 months I decided to switch to WordPress. WordPress looked more appealing to me and had a lot more features than blogger. You can purchase personal or business plans. The advantage of owning your own domain name is that you get your own email address, you get to access more features, helps branding, gives your credibility, flexibility, and most of all you own it!
- I bought my own domain. Lets face it, to make money you need to spend money. Luckily you can buy a domain for around $10 a year. That’s pretty cheap! Now after your account is up and running you can write your first blog.
- After you publish your blog, you need to start advertising. I advertise on Facebook, Pinterest, Google Plus, Twitter, and Instagram. I set up my own page for Facebook. This page is dedicated to my blog and sharing post from other bloggers. If you decide to share on Pinterest, your best bet is to set up a Pinterest Business Account. If you don’t have social media accounts then you need to start. If you want people to read your blog then you need to attract some readers.
- To create the pictures I use in my blogs, I chose Canva. It’s a downloaded app that is free with in app purchases. You can use these images in your advertising for FB, Pinterest, ect. There are so many different picture apps to chose from, this choice depends on what you like best.
That’s it, you have a blog account, you published your first blog, and you published it on social media. Once you have several blogs published you really want to work on gaining some followers. Make good content that brings your readers back. After you have got the page views in the thousands I would suggest look to promote your blog to make money.
To Make money, a few things you can do is sign up for Ad Sense, join affiliates, your do sponsored post. I started off with affiliates. Heres one to start out with.
- Find a sponsor for your web site. Get paid for your great content. shareasale.com.
Everyday is a learning experience. Continue your research and follow fellow bloggers. I joined a blogger group on Facebook to share feedback and to connect with others. What I have shared with you is what I’ve learned so far. The more I learn, the more I will share. Thanks for reading and I hope this post can help someone with their new blogging adventure.
Note: There are several blogging sites, photo apps, and social media sites. These are just the ones I have chosen to use.