In this life we all know that there are many obstacles and let downs. Don’t let yourself get down. Sometimes it’s easier said than done. I have come up with these 5 tips to help boost your self esteem.
- Get ready. Get ready as if you were going somewhere, even if you have no where to go. Get fully dressed, fix your hair, and maybe put on some makeup if you wear it. This will help boost your energy and self esteem. Honestly, do you feel better when you look better? I stay at home everyday and I love to stay in my sweat pants and T shirts. After a few days in my comfy clothes, and hair tied in a sloppy bun I start to feel the change. I will see myself slacking and just wanting to lie around. It’s nice for awhile but then my mood will start to change and I start becoming gloomy. So, get up and get ready.
- Eat a full meal, preferably a healthy one. If your anything like me then you get extremely cranky when your hungry. You can also start to feel tired when your hungry. When you eat a full meal your stomach and your attitude will start to feel better.
- Clean your surroundings. I’m suggesting cleaning because do you feel better in a clean area or a messy, cluttered, dirty area? I know I can honestly say that I feel better when my living room and kitchen are clean because I spend most of my time in those rooms. Sometimes I don’t have time to clean the rooms thoroughly. In this case, doing the dishes and Picking up the living room floor does the trick. I feel a lot better when those chores are done.
- Be positive! Sometimes this can be extremely difficult when things aren’t going your way. Have you heard the saying “When it rains, it Pours”? Start thinking on the bright side of things. Something will always break down, you will never have enough money, we all get sick, ect. I don’t think we should sit and dwell on situations that we can’t change. For example: Everyone in my house came down with a cold but I’m thankful it’s not the flu. Find something positive in every situation. If your doing this regularly it will start to rub off on those around you. If a member of your family is always depressed, do you feel your self becoming depressed when you’re around them? The same thing works with positivity. When you have a positive attitude you will boost your self esteem.
- Talk with a close friend or family member. I know I always feel better after I talk to my cousin. She is also one of my best friends. It brightens my day to catch up with her. She is a very nice person and always makes me feel better. I hope you all have one of those friends that help you feel better as a person and lifts you up.
That’s it! If you follow all 5 steps then you should start to feel better about yourself. I also know that with busy schedules these 5 steps can not be completed on a daily basis by most. So try them when your feeling down or just need that extra motivation in your life. Thanks for reading and I hope you share your stories. Have a great day!