My son used to eat everything in site until about 3 months ago. Now if he can’t eat it on the go, he won’t. He loves finger foods. As a babysitter also, the child I babysit for, is also very picky. These snacks are big winners with these two toddlers. I am going to share ten of the favorites around here, and hopefully they can help you to!
1. Fig Newtons- Fig Newtons are a big win. I usually resort to the generic version so I can buy a variety of flavors. The flavors consists of: The original, strawberry, and blueberry. I buy a different flavor each time to switch it up a bit.
2. Veggie Straws- My son would eat these all day if you let him. The good thing about these, is that they are sold at the dollar tree. That means you only pay $1 for a big bag.
3. Goldfish Crackers- I’m pretty sure every child likes goldfish crackers. If your child will not try them then try the colorful goldfish. The colorful ones taste exactly the same as the original ones, they are just more attractive.
5. String Cheese- Not only is this snack very healthy but it’s tasty to. I usually buy the Mozzarella string cheese, but there are different varieties.
6. Chex Mix- I actually started this trend in my house. I’m very busy so I just eat as I go. I eat Chex mix a lot and then I noticed how much my toddler loves it. He is reaching in my bag every time I eat this, lol. It’s very healthy and you can make it right at home. Here is a good crockpot recipe, I found on Pinterest Crock Pot Chex Mix.
7. Chicken Fingers- I know this doesn’t sound like a snack. If your toddler is like mine though and always moving, then you want to make sure he is getting his protein.
8. Pizza rolls- These snacks are good for mid day. They are fulfilling and delicious. We don’t have these on a daily basis, but they are nice when I want to switch things up a bit.
9. Fruit- My toddler loves fruit and he can eat it on the go. The most popular fruit here is sliced apples, orange slices, mandarin oranges, sliced strawberries, grape halves, and cantaloupe slices.
10. Raisins- Raisins are my go to. If we are in the doctors office and my little one starts running wild, I usually grab the raisins and he will sit down to eat. I hate that it feels like bribery, but he’s not even 2 yet. He’s going to burn off that energy whether I like it or not lol.
Some of these snack are very common. I know as a mom, I get in a mode and buy the usual. Then it is hard for me to think of different foods to try. I hope this list can help you next time you are trying to think of a new snack choice. Thanks!!