When It comes to Valentine’s Day, I’m usually very indecisive what to get my kiddos. The most common gifts for Valentine’s Day are flowers, chocolate, and jewelry in our local stores.
Giving chocolate to the kiddos doesn’t come first on my list. They have enough energy without me adding to it. I really don’t think they would be a fan of jewelry or flowers either, seeing everything still goes in their mouth. When I was walking down the isles at the store I noticed you can pretty much buy a stuffed animal, decorated stationary, and toys that were not age appropriate for young children for Valentine’s Day.
This is when I decided to create my own special, personalized gifts for my kids. Stuffed animals are always a huge hit here so I ran with this idea. My kids are also a huge fan of Hugs drinks. I decided to add the two together to create Bear Hugs from Mom.
I hope your kiddos enjoy them too!
- Stuffed animals come in so many varieties so pick your favorite.
- I simply cut off the price tag, but left the plastic tag holder on the bear. You’ll use this to place your new tag.
- When you create your tag, you pretty much have unlimited options. Go colorful, plain, or printed, it’s up to you! (Bear Hugs Love, Mom is on my tag)
- Once you have your tag completed, make a hole in the top of the tag with a hole punch. Then add your tag to the plastic tag holder that’s already in place on the bear.
- Next, I added space on the bear to place the Hug. There’s a single thread on the back of the heart that is attached to the bear. Cut this piece of thread and this will allow the room you need to place your Hug drink. Insert your Hug drink and you’re finished!!
This project is simple and fun. Your children will enjoy their bear as they enjoy a drink.
This project can also be made by children. It’s a perfect gift that they could give their relatives. If you don’t feel safe with your child using scissors then you can cut the thread for them. They can get creative on the tag. Enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day!